Excerpts from the Welland Tribune, March 4, 1910
HUMBERSTONE – N.S. & T. Plan Fyled – The plan and profile of the N. S. & T. extension to Port Colborne from the township line between Crowland and Humberstone to the village of Port Colborne, has been fyled in the Welland registry office.
The part of the Welland road from Welland Junction to the township line above mentioned has not yet been fyled, and probably the reason is that it has not yet been approved by the board of railway commissioners. The part which has been fyled passes through the properties of William A. McKinney, Alfred Barts, Augustus Fiddler, Wm. Hardman, Frank Sagert, Chas. W. Nugent, Wilson & Reavely, Mrs. Upthegrove, E.B. Near, John Houser, J.E. Barrick, Hy. Knoll and Elihu Neff, and thence into Cranberry street in the village of Humberstone and on to Port Colborne, reaching the canal via Charlotte street, and connecting with the government elevator railway by a branch off Elm street.
The railway runs about 2,000 feet west of the cannal at Dainville, and 1200 feet west at Stonebridge.
(Welland Tribune, March 4, 1910)